Billypark, Cross, Co. Mayo
Billypark, Cross, Co. Mayo
EPI: 528.15 kWh/m2/yr
FOR SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION, *OFFERS IN EXCESS OF 95,000*
RE/MAX Professional Partners in partnership with IAM Sold are delighted to present to market a charming 2 bedroom detached thatched cottage.
Built in the 1800s, the property is presented in excellent condition having been modernised throughout and the roof re-thatched. This cosy traditional home extends to c. 792 sq. ft. and living accommodation is comprised of a porch, hall, kitchen/living/dining area, 2 bedrooms, bathroom and back porch.
The property is heated by Oil Fired Central Heating and a solid fuel stove with beautiful stone surround in the living room and double glazed windows feature throughout.
Externally the property sits on a 0.25 acre site with commonage. A walled garden features to the front of the property with stoned area to the rear and 4 large block built sheds, ideal for additional storage space, workshops or studios. There is a cobbled driveway to the front with private parking for 2 cars.
Located just half a mile from the world renowned Lough Corrib, this enchanting property would appeal to fishermen, artists, poets or someone looking to escape to an area of perfect beauty.
Located close to the villages of Cross, Cong & Clonbur, with Cong village offering an array of pubs, restaurants, while the Historical Ashford Castle offers world class charm, fine dining, entertainment, and array of sporting facilities. Galway city is a 40 minute drive, while Knock West Airport is an hour away. Other nearby attractions include: Ballinrobe Race Course, Ballinrobe's award winning 18 Hole Golf Course, , Ireland's School of Falconry, the magnificent 19th century Kylemore Abbey, Killary fjord - the only one in Ireland.
Contact Martin Healy of RE/MAX on 091 330 300
INFO & FEATURES:
- Traditional detached thatched cottage.
- Built in the 1800s.
- Rethatched and renovated in 2006
- Presented in excellent condition.
- Bright property.
- Sits on 0.25 acre site and commonage area.
- Extends to c. 792 sq. ft. / 73.58 sq. m.
- G BER certificate on BER No: 110213519
- Oil Fired Central Heating.
- Solid fuel stove with stone surround.
- Stove feature back boiler.
- Double glazed windows feature throughout.
- Mix of solid timber and laminate flooring.
- Kitchen features modern kitchen units and integrated appliances.
- 2 good sized double bedrooms.
- Bathroom features standalone shower.
- Walled garden to front with lawns, shrubs and trees.
- 4 large adjoining block built sheds to the rear - ideal for additional storage space, workshops or studios.
- Private parking for 2 cars on gravel driveway
- 7 minutes from Cross Village.
- 0.5 miles from Lough Corrib - world renowned for fishing.
- Close to Cong and Clonbur.
- Ample amenities in close proximity including schools, shops, pubs and restaurants.
- Close to world renowned fishing areas of Lough Corrib and Lough Mask.
- Knock Airport is 1 hour drive away.
- Galway City is 40 minutes drive away.
Porch: 2.14m x 1.19m
Hall: 1.41m x 4.73m
Kitchen/Living/Dining Area: 7.04m x 4.24m
Bedroom 1: 2.6m x 3.82m
Bedroom 2: 2.76m x 3.31m
Bathroom: 1.61m x 2.31m
Back Porch: 2.06m x 1.41m
NOTE: These particulars are not to be considered a formal offer. They are for information only and give a general idea of the property. They are not to be taken as forming any part of a resulting contract, nor to be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Whilst every care is taken in their preparation, neither RE/MAX Professional Partners nor the vendor accept any liability as to their accuracy. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of these particulars. No person in the employment of RE/MAX Professional Partners has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.